March 29, 2008

Sorry, can you repeat that?

This morning me and Boston went to Vegas to meet our new landlords(a married couple). It is so weird to think we will be going backwards to renting. I walked in and they greeted me and began showing me around every part of the house. Nate was right it wasn't bad. No rental in Vegas will ever compare to our nice new home in St. George, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do?. So anyway, the landlords were so great they immediately fell in love with Boston. That's nice about having a child it's a great way to break the ice when meeting new people. Nate arrived and we began the important lease information and signing. Then, we went around the house to look at possible holes or any problems or concerns we had while they were there. The wife (landlord) mentioned a few decorations in the house that she wanted to be kept up and then she showed a cross above the doorway. At first it caught me off guard and then she mentioned it blessed the house. I honestly felt relieved and at ease in some way that they had blessed the house. After showing me another item she asked about our religion. It was so hard to understand her because she had a thick Portuguese accent. She asked a question about the church and I couldn't understand her. Not only that I was nervous that I would not answer her questions correctly. When we were on our way home I was thinking about her question and how I wished I could have understood her better and what I said back to her. I could have simply said "sorry can you repeat your question" and hoped I represented my religion like I should have. I thought about how this move will not only be in a different state but many people will not know about my personal beliefs. I hate to admit this but I have taken for granted so many useful resources that could have prepared me already. It's never too late right?

Later that evening, me and Nate were talking about how weird it will be to move and how it didn't feel like it was really happening. I couldn't help think back on last time I left St. George. It was a lot harder because that was when Nate was called to Iraq and I left St. George alone to move back with my parents. After reminiscing about that I was happier thinking we will all be together for this move.

10 comments:

Traci said...

I am so sad you are leaving. It will be good for your family though. We still have to hang out when you come back or when we come to Vegas. I wish you luck in everything. It is a good thing we have blogs to keep us updated on each others family.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you won't have a dull moment! Good luck with the move and everything! And thanks for the help with my blog Net.
-Emily

Kim said...

I totally understand taking our religion for granted sometimes! You will definetly be surrounded by different people here, that is for certain! We can't wait until your guys are here. We are trying to get our house rented out too! We are going to look over in the area that you guys are in.

The White Family said...

Do you need help moving? Me and Janeen will drive down and play, I mean help you!

Jodi Nelson said...

Just wanted to leave a note and tell you guys GOOD LUCK in your new endeavors! I remember when Raphael and I had to leave St. George. I always said I wanted to go back someday. And I still would in a heart beat! Love it and miss it. Congrats again to Nate! Boston is absolutely adorable! LOVE your blog. And love the new look!

Allie said...

Janette, I promise if someone asked me what we believe, I would stutter for 20 minutes. Just do what they tell you to do in primary: starting repeating the articles of faith.

Jozette Cerise said...

Janette, I Love your page it keeps me smiling...Your little one is so beautiful...
Love you tons
Jozette (Rachel's Sister)

Write me here said...

Janette you might just like Las Vegas, maybe you will find a house soon. You will have to visit my blog. The girls got me started on this and I love it. It is davendebbie.blogspot.com come see Welcome to Las Vegas

Kit said...

Jet, I look up to you. You guys are awesome. I hope you guys have a great time in Vegas!

The Troxell's said...

Hey I loved your pictures, I'm glad that you are moving down here. Where is it at? Soon I will have all the time in the world with not working and just having the baby, well maybe not all the time in the world!!
Hope to see you soon.