October 05, 2008

Make the most of today

The Bosman and I were able to watch conference Saturday and Sunday. I was very impressed with the little ham and his ability to stay busy. Although, I found him unraveling an old cassette tape of favorite songs I recorded in middle school ( I don't know where he found that) we had an enjoyable day listening to all the inspiring talks.
One of the talks that stood out to me was President Monsons, and how everyone should make the most of today. I often find myself thinking about what the future will bring and not always living in the present. The future is always so much more glamorous then the present..right! The other day me and Nate were actually discussing this. In most of our married life we have always talked about "when we get this job life will be so much easier" or "when we buy this house life will be better" and every time we achieved those aspirations there was always something else on the lists of what ifs and one days that we thought would make us even more happy.
When I was listening to the talk it was another reminder that I have been incredibly blessed and I should be grateful for all those little things I take for granted that bring me great joy. Life is just too short not to live in the now. President Monson also talked about how we should have gratitude, Cherish the ones we love, say I love you and give someone a hug. It's funny that these simple things can make our lives that much happier. I am so grateful for conference and the the chance we are able to learn from these beautiful talks . I am also grateful for my amazing husband and adorable little boy that bring great joy in my life.

4 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for your post. I really was touched by President Monson's talk as well. I complain about the noise and messes and look forward to some quiet time one day. But when that day comes, I am going to miss this crazy time - somehow. I've got to just enjoy these little guys while they're around and never waste a moment. It really does seem like just yesterday Alex was Boston's age and I was just starting on my momma adventure. Now he is about to become a teenager, and my baby is not much of a baby anymore. Carpe Diem.

Jennifer said...

I do that exact same thing...I am always thinking when this happens things will be better or when that happens things will be better. I need to get better at living in the present. Boston is getting so big!!

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

Great post. I agree it is hard not to think if only this or if only that... we would be better off or happier. Thanks for sharing. Also on the last post Boston's hair is so cute. I can't believe how curly it is.

The Ceder House's said...

Thanks for this post- sometimes the talks get all jumbled up in my head so it was a good reminder. I remember this talk and it hit home. PS Thanks for putting back your music- you have the best taste in music so I come here to find good music:)