January 28, 2009

Sew fun

Ever since I found out I was pregnant I couldn't stop thinking about all the baby things I wanted to make (and the list goes on.) I was waiting to find out what the sex was so I could start, but I couldn't help my self. Here our some things I made yesterday.

The blanket fabric I found at Joanne's for a great deal. I figure if I am not having a girl this will be a great gift.


This is Amy Butler's butterfly rattle pattern and I used her fabric. The turtle I used Heather Bailey's fabric and it is also a rattle.(the other sides of these have a soft fluffy fabric)

Don't worry I am not neglecting my child. He is asleep when I get into craft mode. Thanks Boston for taking 2 to 3 hour naps a day, I love you...!

and that is the end of my sewing fiasco.. stay tuned for more baby stuff.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I love your little sewing projects!! They are so cute!!

You are good not to neglect Boston...Ethan suffers almost daily from my little "projects" while Aidan sleeps.:)

I love the picts too!

John and Erin said...

Love it! That is a darling blanket. I'm excited for you.

The Ceder House's said...

Adorable Blanket. You are having a girl so don't worry:) How do you make the cute satin edges? Is it material or is that quilt binding? I am obsessed with Amy Butler's fabric. SO CUTE.

Jennifer said...

oh my those are so cute, you are very talented. Boston is just getting so big.

Amanda said...

Those are adorable!! Where do you people find this adorable fabric???

Amy said...

You're so talented! I love them.

Jenn said...

You are so crafty!! That blanket is adorable! I need to get on the ball and do that! Your little boy is so darn cute and #2 on the way?! Congratulations!! Such a cute little family!!

Lisa Nielsen said...

That blanket is adorable! And those rattles are so cute. Way to go. You are so talented! I thought of you in NYC...remember our dance trip? That was fun:)

Shawni said...

What...I didn't know you were into sewing....looks like you got talent!! Cute stuff! I hope it's a girl....it is sooooooo fun buying cute little girly clothes!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

How fun! I love it when I am in a creative mode and have time to act on it. So cute!

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

Look at you getting all domestic!! I want a sweing machine just so i can learn some things like that. that blanket is adorable, my bet is still a GIRL so that fabric will be perfect!!! We cant wait to see you guys.

Kit said...

Amazing! I love everything.

Hannah Stayner said...

so... I know its expensive but have you gone to fetal photos? I hear that if they cant tell you the sex you can come back again another day for free. I would be so bothered if I didnt know! Then again you are more patient than me :)

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

SO CUTE!!! You are so crafty. I love it! Cute pics of you and Boston.

The Hawkins said...

Those things are so cute. I try to sew but am not that good. I am so impressed