May 20, 2009

still pregnant (if your wondering....)

But here is some pictures of our little Boston.



























Oh, how I wish I could keep up with this little guy (and not feel like a beached whale.) I want so badly to have this baby (now!) but then that means I won't be able to give Boston 100% of my attention. Today, when I left the doctors I couldn't believe I was still dilated to a one. The first thought was "I am going to be in this pregnant body FOREVER!" Maybe I need to learn to be patient.

Anyway, I thought I would post some sewing projects I have done. I feel nerdy showing the things I have made, but I know a few of you out there like to make new things like me (and attempt some of them or make them better)p.s. don't laugh too hard

The car seat canopy















I used....
about 1 yard of flower print fabric &
1 yard of red and white polka dot fabric
4 yards of rick rack
Velcro
(I didn't have a pattern so I just guessed on most of it.)

Minki blankets















I think I have figured out how to sew these. (they are really difficult but oh so cute!) I put the pins in horizontal so that the sharp end of the pin is facing the sewing machine needle, and then I don't take them out when I sew. If you put the setting to the longest stitch it won't hit the pins and gives it a looser stitch.

Boston's comforter and pillow















I couldn't find anything to match his old airplane crib sheets so I found some fabric that did. So easy!
I used...
2 different fabrics both a yard each
ironed on fusible woven interfacing by Pellon to the green fabric
Sew green and blue inside out
turn it back print side up and sew all around the outside closing your opening.
So easy and fast Boston took a nap while I did this!
Pillow
add piping in between two peices of fabric and sew the fabric inside out. Add stuffing. Done!


I hope I didn't bore you too much! I will keep you updated on any news!

10 comments:

Christy said...

I love Boston's big kid bed and bedding. He's looking so grown up.

Great job on all the sewing projects. They are darling.

I want to see a picture of you and your cute belly. Can't wait for the baby to arrive.

The Ceder House's said...

I love seeing your new projects! You have some real talent- it is hard for me to guess how to do things unless someone shows me how. Good Job! I TOTALLY remember that feeling at the end of pregnancy- it was the worst part for me- I probably cried like everyday thinking the baby would never come out. Hang in there- I am getting really excited for you!!!

Lisa Nielsen said...

When can we start sewing lessons? I am serious. You are really good and I'd love to make everything you've made:) I hope you have your baby soon too! I can't wait to see her.

Amanda said...

Well if you are nerdy for posting pics of the stuff you make.. then so am I =] It's exciting to finish a project and get to show it off!! I love the fabrics that you find.. sooo so cute.

Mandi said...

Boston is so cute and I love all your sewing projects. You are so talented! Good luck with having your baby (hopefully sooner than later):)

Traci said...

Holy Crap! You are amazing. WOW. Everything looks so great, even you in your cute prego body! Boston is adorable as ever!

Hannah Stayner said...

I wish I could sew... so jealous. I also wish I was going to have my baby soon... so jealous...

Keechler said...

Seeing those things almost makes me want to have a nother baby! I stress almost! Seriously I really love that you share your talents. I'm am working on a few of my own thaks to your inspiration. Love, Shirley

Amanda said...

How did you like working with that soft fabric with the bumps? I sewed a baby quilt with similar looking fuzzy fabric.. and I hated it. It was stretchy.

Unknown said...

You are SO cute!!! I love these. I keep wondering if you're in labor!! Can't wait to hear all about this gal!