Think that you have it hard until you compare yourself to someone else. I hate comparing myself to people but every time I go to NIE NIE's blog I feel totally ashamed for ever complaining about anything in my life. She is so incredibly optimistic and such an example to me.
Since I was pregnant with Lila life started to get a little challenging for me. Boston started to change into his terrible two's and I was exhausted (so I thought). But not until Lila was born did I start to really feel exhausted and overwhelmed. I am sure not sleeping, hormonal changes, and an energetic two year old could have been the culprit of my craziness. I look at my life and think I really do have it good and I should be as optimistic as nie nie talks in her blog.
I have an awesome husband that has sacrificed so much for our little family. I love his job, his work schedule and that he is a fireman. I love our relationship and that we have gone through so much together. I love that he thinks quick and clear when faced with a problem or disaster, even when taking care of Boston and Lila. I love that he is an amazing dad and likes to give them all of his attention. I love that we have the best kids. I love Boston's personality and that everyone thinks he looks like the little boy off of the Christmas Story. I agree completely. I love that he is so energetic and loves life. I love that since Lila was born I could feel such a sweetness about her. I love that she eats well and is getting chunky. I love the smiles she gives me when I tell her I love her.
I am so grateful for my life.
7 comments:
I agree 100%. I LOVE reading her blog. I always end up a little teary eyed after I read her posts. It really puts life into a bigger perspective and helps me to feel grateful for what I have when I have crappy days:)
You are such a good mom. You also have a ton on your plate with a newborn and a two year old!!! So you should expect to have some challenges and that's ok. You and Nate are great people and wonderful parents. We have loved hanging out with you guys. I have to see more of Lila's pictures!!!
Ok, I'm an idiot! Her pictures are on here...I just scrolled down:)
You are so sweet Janette. Your honey and kids are lucky to have you too.
You are at a hard stage right now, but a really wonderful one too. There are so many joys to be had and rewards to be gained for all your hard work. Most of them come later, but many of the blessings you are enjoying right now. Hang in there, Hon.
I know how you feel. But it will level out soon. Honestly, I look at you the way you look at your other friend. I look at you and everything you accomplish in a day and wonder how you do it. You've inspired me in so many ways. But, I guess that's how it goes, we inspire people without even knowing they were watching.
I feel the same way when I read her blog!!
Post a Comment