August 22, 2010

MAMMOTH...............

just got back from a much needed vaca. It was Amazing to say the least. We went with our friends to Mammoth California which was about a 4 1/2 hour drive from LV. By the way, we left the kiddos home with my mom and niece (they drove all the way from SLC, thanks again you guys are the best!!!)
This town is a mountain bikers paradise. Mountain bikes, bike gear, bike attire, places that rent bikes, shops that repair the bikes, trails just for mountain bikes... you get the point.
the goal for the guys was to mountain bike and our goal (the ladies) was to do whatever we wanted.

Some things I LOVED about Mammoth.

1.Our place was just awesome. We stayed here and it's named 80/50 because the elevation is 8, 050. The room was gorgeous.




2. The weather was perfect and I think the high was 75-80 degrees.
3. The locals. Everyone had some sort of story why they were there. Mostly for snowboarding and mountain biking. Not many people are from Mammoth (except the maid that cleaned our room everyday). I did meet a guy that lived there for 13 years. Love how nice everyone is. here is a local shuttle to the mountain. The guys took this shuttle and hooked their bikes on the back. It was always full with mountain bikes when it left.

4. Mammoth Mountain. It was about 10 min. away from our place. This was where the guys would take the gondola all the way to the top of the mountain. One day, us girls took a scenic route ALL the way up to the mountain on the gondola. pretty windy that day but oh so fun! We also went on the Zip line while we waited to take pics of the guys. pretty entertaining and maybe a little embarrassing.





5. watching my hubby do his thing. I don't always get to see him in action and that was a treat. At one of the trails they ended with a jump. Us girls tried to take pics of our men in action. It was fun but I realized I suck at action shots. The last day of our vaca they signed up for a free race. I was so nervous for Nate that I was shaking in the pics so they turned out a little blurry. I am glad he didn't wreck and his time was 2:22 (which was kind of funny to us).
the jump


the race


after the race and tired



the group of us
All in all, it was an AWESOME trip and I can't wait to go back. Especially when I was able to relax, eat, get a massage, take pictures and shop all day.

3 comments:

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

Oh how fun! I am so glad you had a great time! Great pics (of course)! :o)

Lisa Nielsen said...

That looks like so much fun. I love that you girls went and zip lined by yourselves...way fun! Good job Nate on the race! I had never even heard of Mammoth; it looks beautiful. By the way, Janette, you really look so good with dark hair:)

Jennifer said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Nick is pretty jealous..haha.