He was a firefighter for Salt Lake County for 31 years and retired as a deputy fire Marshall. At the viewing some of the firefighter were standing guard in uniform one on each end of his casket. At the funeral service they were able to do "the last Alarm." It was such an honor to watch them salute and ring the last bell. He deserved every bit of that recognition. 

Some things about my grandpa "Pa" that I will never forget
-the way he would tell stories and always make people laugh.
-he was so generous.
-he always helped people and neighbors even when he could barely get around (and when we all thought he shouldn't).
-when I was younger he would let me help him with the bird feeder and I loved that.
-he always did the dishes after dinner.
-he kept m&m's in his t-shirt pocket and loved to give one to Boston.
-He loved being around Boston and Lila and would laugh at funny things they did.
-loved Wendy's frosty's & chili.
-he came from a Boxing family and his uncle trained Gene Fullmer.
-he came from a Boxing family and his uncle trained Gene Fullmer.
-loved watching and listening to sports.
-enjoyed listening to old time radio.
-When I was younger and he knew I was coming over to visit he would deliberately put this picture up of me when I was 4 or 5 frowning taken at Olan mills photography studio.
-He loved to watch home videos of us kids when we were little.
-He loved watching movies when he could see well.
-like listening to Johnny Cash.
-he was always interested in our lives and was concerned for us.
-Nate and I were married on his birthday (October 25th)
These are just a few and I hope I will continue to remember more.

We will miss you so much!!!!!


5 comments:
Such a wonderful post! thanks for posting it. The pictures turned out beautiful. Love ya neen
I am sorry for your loss. He sounds like an awesome grandpa. I love the honor he received at his funeral. That is really neat. xoxo
He sounds like a great grandpa. Hope you and your family are doing well. Love ya!
We are going to miss Jim so much. Family parties just won't be the same anymore. I thought the honor guard at the funeral was so neat.
Sorry for your loss Janette- he sounds like an awesome Grandpa. I am glad I ran into you while you were in town-sorry it had to be for this though.
Post a Comment