ENERGETIC!
That's how I best describe my kids lately. Is someone sneaking energy drinks in their milk or am I just getting old? (don't answer that..)
I think the real answer has to do with these Las Vegas Summers. It seems like I keep the kids mostly indoors from June-September because it is so hot. I try to get them out in the early morn and swim in pools as much as we can but I'm SO ready for the fall. I think they are getting antsy for more comfortable outside play.
Today we went to Town Square and after doing a little shopping the kids were begging to go to the little play area. It was brutally hot today but that didn't seem to faze them. They love it because there is a little splash pad, maze and Little playhouses. When we left and got in the car it said 106. I felt guilty that I let them play on one of the hottest days this summer...I don't think it fazed Boston, all he could talk about was how he wanted to eat dinner at Town Square. He makes me laugh, smile and lose my marbles. He is so social and loves to play with others. He is so ready for preschool and soccer this fall, it's ALL he talks about. I LOVE that he has opened up so much. I think as a parent we want to see that in our kids and want them to learn and not be afraid to try new things.
Boston alsoloves to play with Lila more each day but they also love to fight every hour too.
A couple of weeks ago he saw a toy he really wanted so I told him he needed to earn the money for that toy. If he cleaned his room, ate his dinner, made his bed, didn't whine, etc... When he passed off something he put an x on the chart and when he filled the chart (x=the amount of dollars) then he could go buy it. He did just that and I am glad how it all went. Super happy now that he sort of knows how to clean his room.
He is starting to become more aware of others and will randomly tell me that he wants to play with Annabelle, Logan, Kallie, skyelar, chandler, Brody, Hayden and Archie. Last week he said he missed Jim and the gummie letters. I love that he is remembering events in the past and names to those faces. Everything in the past still is yesterday and everything is fascinating including airplanes. I LOVE this age!


Something I love about having a girl is getting her all dressed for the day.
The other day I put her hair up in one ponytail and side swoopy bangs.
Then about an hour later she looked like this plus a crystal lights stained face.


Lila loves her brother and learns a lot from just watching him. She is a little more fearless then he was at this age. She likes to climb things and isn't worried about falling. She has such a loud voice and she loves to scream. Boston always upsets her even if it wasn't his intentions. If his foot is near her foot she gets upset and if he is playing with her toys she screams, there isn't usually a real reason she is screaming she just always does. She also has a soft side where she generally worries and cares for Boston. Her new favorite word is Why and ask that all the time.
She is still my early bird and wakes up everyone with her loud yelling for more cereal "Mom! more Pees!" When she is mad she will not stay mad if someone smiles back at her. Lila definitely can make you feel special. Every time we pick them up form the day care at the gym Lila will scream from a far with her arms opened wide "Mom! MOM! "Dad!" with so much excitement and love. You feel like you are doing a good job as a parent. She does that pretty much every time you leave the house and come home.
Since the Beach trip she has learned new names and constantly talks about them. Some of them are Gorgan, and neeny. When she is pretending she is on the phone she pretends she talking to neeny. When I say "so big!" to her and lately at random times will ask where Gorgon is or say "mm Gorgon?" softly like she misses him. She is the sweetest thing and still loves having a Binky and a blanky with her at all times.
I love them for so many reasons but this last little while for teaching me patience. I learn so much from them and love being their mama.
No comments:
Post a Comment