April 21, 2014

Easter 2014- I couldn't just pick one

I tried ALL morning to get a picture of these munchkins dressed up in their Easter Sunday BEST. Miss Mia doesn't like to hold still for the camera and so group shots of them are sooo hard. I finally gave up until Easter evening when they all were playing outside. I am so grateful for them. I will admit some days seem the same and those days are hard. Hard when my hubby has to work a 72 hour shift and I am all alone taking care of them. Days like today I am reminded that they will not stay little forever. I am reminded that I need to live in the moment and to embrace them. Why oh why can't I remember this all the time. On Sunday, the primary topic was part of the Proclamation to the World. The responsibilities of fathers and mothers. It hit me hard that these kiddos are my responsibility and it is because Heavenly father knows that I can do this (even though it is super hard to write that). I really do think all of us women are born with loving and nurturing instincts. I am grateful for hard days because I know hard things build confidence in ourselves.
One of Lila's favorite games is the thumbs up or down game (she was taught this in preschool). you sit across from someone with your thumbs out pointing to each other. the other person asks a question. Her favorite question is "Being rude to your brother" and you both say " Wha! Wha!"with your thumbs pointing down. Then the next question could be a negative or positive question. If its positive you both say "woot woot!" with thumbs pointing up. Ive never laughed so hard when she first asked me to play. Even if the question is negative or positive the words she yells out are funny, even in her 4 year old voice. I love her take on life. All three of them bring in such a great energy in our family. I am so grateful for them!











This is her favorite hair do yet. The side pony braid (she calls it)




















1 comment:

The Ceder House's said...

I think I like the ring around the rosie picture way better than any "posed" picture would have turned out! And for the record- you rock at being an awesome loving Mom. I can tell just by the happiness coming out of those awesome kids you are raising- keep up the good work!