July 04, 2009

Can you believe little Lila is already one month old. She has truly been such a delightful little baby.
-She is now on a schedule where she doesn't eat ever hour or two, but every three hours.
-she has smiled 2 times. once on the 30th of June and once on the 2nd of this month.
-she giggles in her sleep. It is so cute
- her umbilical cord still hasn't fallen off. (weird huh)
Last night she only woke up once (I am not sure if that is good for a newborn or not) but I felt so refreshed this morning. I had so much energy I actually cleaned the house and took care of the kids (all by myself) I feel like I am back in the game.

(BTW) thanks Jackie for the cute hair clips I love them on her. she made the one in the pic above.

Boston on the other hand, is handling Lila a little differently now. He likes to touch her, kiss her, "hold it please", and take her bows off of her head. His favorite thing is to give her a blanket and Binky. The other day I had some of her blankets soaked in oxy clean (thank goodness for that stuff)and later that afternoon I fell asleep on the couch with Lila on my chest. Boston grabbed the blanket that was soaking in oxy clean and put it on top of me. I had no idea until I woke up soaked. I was a little P..ohhd if you know what I mean but realized that he was just trying to be a good little boy. He has been such a good helper and is so cute! Here are a few of his highlights this week.

-growing his hair longer. ( I am not sure how much longer we are letting it grow, but it is getting out of control)
-Loves to sit in Lila's car seat and eat gold fish.
-Swims with floaties and will go off by himself. It scares me to death.
-fell off of his high chair and did a face plant (pic on the right)
Now that Lila is here he wants me to hold him....which I love....
HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!!

7 comments:

JESSICA AND LUCAS NELSON said...

Hope you had a great 4th of july! I cant belive she is a month old allready! It has gone by so fast! She is sooooo beautiful!!! I love those newborn pictures, especially the long pink hat ones! Beautiful, beautiful baby girl!!!! Cant wait to see you guys!!! See you later!

The Ceder House's said...

Oh man what a good little helper:) I would be so mad!- It is really hard to stay mad at these darn cute kids though. I love the hair- don't cut it!!! I love his little do. I think I could come the 13th- keep us in the loop and garbage and I would love to stop by and see you!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

What a sweet baby. Glad things are getting back to normal. That is always so nice!
My kids always liked to sit in their baby brother's baby seats too. It must be strange for these little guys not to be the "baby" any more.

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

A month already? Crazy! She is such a beautiful little girl! I love boston! I love the pics of him! He is going to be such an amazing big brother! We love spending time with you guys! Swimming was fun and that pic of him and nate is adorable!

Shawni said...

Ahh Jet!!! Sounds like you are having so much fun...I love it! Lila is so beautiful!! Boston just sounds like loads of fun! I just get so happy when I hear about your beautiful little family!

West's said...

Hey! Congrats on little Lila! What a pretty name. She is beautiful, What great pictures!

Kit said...

I just laughed so hard about that oxy clean story! That is hilarious and definitely one to remember! Lila is such a doll! I think we will be in town this next week, so let's get together! Love that bow. I definitely need to get some of those for this babe...so cute!