July 18, 2010

Oceanside, California 2010

Just got home from our annual Oceanside Cali trip. The Weather couldn't have been better. The day we arrived it was overcast and cool but the rest of the week was beautiful and warm. San Diego actually hit a record high of 84 the day before we left. I love that it doesn't get too hot and there is always a cool ocean breeze. We had fun this year but missed a few of you:( all in all it was great!

Some of my favorite moments of the trip.......


Oceanside Harbor, where you can find the best fish & Chips.
I love that on our way to the beach we walk through the Harbor and see all of this.

Boston loved the sand but didn't like the water. The water was pretty cold this year. I went in once and it took me awhile to get used to it. It didn't bother anyone else and they had fun boogie boarding and body surfing.




Poor Lila was sick and didn't start feeling better until the 4 or 5Th day. She wouldn't let anyone hold her except me and cried so much. Luckily, we took the port o crib down to the beach and she was able to sleep a lot. Life saver!


All the kids seem to have a blast. Skyelar loved the water and sand. Garrett was always catching some waves with the boogie board. Logan was having fun getting buried in the sand and was able to get his legs buried. I think it made his day.
Annabelle and Callie were inseparable. They boogie boarded a lot. I Love how they went in the cold water like it was nothing. You girls are tough.
We bought Boston a Boogie board and for some reason he called it a snowboard the whole time. He found a big whole someone dug up and would stand on the boogie board sliding down into the hole.




Boston's dirty Sanchez mustache. the kid was recovering from a cold and could not stop wiping his nose. At one point he had a full on beard and flava sava. (wish I could of taken a pic of that.)
digging in the sand. It was a big hit this year.
Lila was not happy at this point.

One morning Lila and I walked to the beach. It Was the most beautiful morning on the beach. Wish I could experience these daily.

Wish I would have taken my camera to Legoland. Boston had a blast. My all time fav part was when we would stand in line forever. Then when it was our turn to get into the ride he decided it was too scary. I was peeved!
Me and Nate rode on a roller coaster with Boston. It was so funny to see his face he was freaked out. After the ride they showed us our picture and he looked so scared. ha ha! Too bad their like 20 bucks for those little pictures.
The Last day of our vaca we ate at Harbor Fish & Chips and it was so yummy! We ended it with an ice cream cone from The Sweet Shop.
Seriously miss Oceanside already. It went too fast like every year. Can't wait for next year!

5 comments:

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

Looks so great! There is something so refreshing about the ocean, I love it! I am so glad you guys had a good time! Sorry Lila wasn't feeling good - that's no fun.

The Ceder House's said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time. I pretty much want to go the Ocean RIGHT NOW. 84 degrees? That would be heaven! I love that Boston "snowboarded" at the beach- he is so funny!

Jennifer said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. Oh what I would give to be at the beach right about now...so relaxing.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Glad the sun came out for you guys! We missed it entirely. Guess its time to head back.

Your pictures are great!

Keechler said...

Fun Pictures. I wish we had achance to meet upo with you guys! Glad you had a nice time. Take care, Love The Keechlers