October 06, 2010

16 months








Lila is another month older and I am shocked every time I post it. She is getting so smart and learning so much every day.
She can stand alone but is yet to take a step. She kisses with her mouth closed now. When she wakes up for naps says "mama!!" instead of crying hysterically. she says "Dan.." when I ask her to dance. When she hears music in the car she waves both hands up and down. She waves to everyone and says "hi." She loves to get her hands in the toilet. Her and Boston play so well together. Sometimes she cries about the littlest things. She is obsessed with the pantry and will go through everything and make a mess. She loves going through our bathroom cupboards. She crawls to our sliding glass doors and will press her face onto them daily. She loves Ruby and loves it when she Walks by her. She wants to feed herself all the time. I think she might be left handed because she wants to draw or eat with that hand. She likes to put most things in her mouth. She tried rocks for the first time and I think liked them. she is always thirsty and has been crying in the middle of the night for a drink. she says "Dee!" for drink. Likes to be tickled on her neck. she knows where her eyes and nose are and will point to them. She gets so excited to see Nate in the morning and gives him a BIG smile.
I try to remember all the new things she does. I am sure I am missing some but I know that if I don't make a least a small list I will forget next month. I feel so blessed to be able to take care of her every day, it's truly an honor.

Just last week, I was reminded how lucky I am to be home with them. Someone noticed me with my kiddos and said "looks like you've got your hands full!" I just let out a big sigh and he said "the easy life huh, they grow up too quick." and that moment I immediately changed my thoughts. It may seem like nothing but it was everything I needed. I do feel like some days I don't always see how great I do have it. I hope I can recognize that more because when I do I see life in a whole new perspective.

2 comments:

Lisa Nielsen said...

Wow she is adorable! I love her little kissy lips. That outfit is so sweet with those darling shoes! It is SUCH a blessing to be a mom and to be home to enjoy our kids. I love it! I love your updates:)

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

Cute little Lila! Love the picture of her kissing the stuffed lamb.