Day Five-
More pics of our adventure to Hana Highway..We found us a natural pool filled from a waterfall. Nate was the first to jump in and then I jumped in next. We both agree that it was chilly when we first got in, then suddenly perfectly pleasant and refreshing.

My hunky hubby about to get in and swim by the waterfall.


After I got in and was swimming back, I had felt something tickle my legs, looked down and there were tiny guppies swimming around.
My hunky hubby about to get in and swim by the waterfall.


After I got in and was swimming back, I had felt something tickle my legs, looked down and there were tiny guppies swimming around.
We got back in the car and saw another waterfall... awesome!

These flowers were all over the side of the road and everywhere on the ground.


These flowers were all over the side of the road and everywhere on the ground.
Some cool bannion trees.


We got out of the car to explore, I think this is why this is my fav Hana trip.

Such vibrant green moss growing everywhere.



















We got out of the car to explore, I think this is why this is my fav Hana trip.
Such vibrant green moss growing everywhere.
We saw a few fruit stands along the way and bought us some Star Fruit, Passion Fruit and huge Avocados.
Next stop was Black Sand Beach. We didn't stay too long but couldn't believe how blue the water was and how many smooth black rocks were on the beach.


On the right side of the beach there was a little cave that lead to the Ocean.


We also stopped at another black sand beach and I took a quick power nap on the beach and then we decided to finish the Hana trip.
Final destination was the seven sacred Pools. Unfortunately, it was closed off for swimming because the swell was so high. We were a little sad especially since Nate hadn't done that before.

After seeing the pools the drive to Hana was over. We decided to be adventurous and keep going on the same road and not turn around.
It was fun because we were pretty much the only ones on that road. The view was awesome and it slowly started to look less and less green and more dry.

We stopped at a little house that sold snacks and drinks. My favorite part of stopping was looking inside and seeing so many antiques she had collected from the island. As we were leaving Nate saw star fruit growing on her tree, asked the lady if he could steal a starfruit off of her tree. The lady responded, "we do not steal, but you may have one." and smiled. We laughed at her response.
We ended the night watching the sunset.
Nate taking a quick swim

Day six-
Breakfast was my favorite this day. Banana bread, Starfruit (from that ladies tree), and Pineapple.


Another one of our favorite beaches and close to Mekena Beach. We snorkeled, sat on the beach, and ate lunch. One thing I realized about myself is I get anxiety when I snorkel. Last time I went to Maui I didn't remember being like that. I am pretty sure I bought a waterproof camera and dove down under the water with my snorkel gear. Well this time I couldn't relax. It may be because (1)the swell was so high and we had to go far to see clearer water (2) on our flight to Maui I watched soul surfer and was freaked out by sharks.
Best part of snorkeling was seeing a huge turtle.. I screamed and then calmed down when I realized it was just a turtle. I love that the turtle looked up at me like "seriously you are screaming because of me."




Day six to be continued........
1 comment:
I love that you screamed at the turtle. I can totally imagine it. I am sure I would do the same thing.
Post a Comment