January 04, 2012

Christmas 2011

This year we decided to make the trek all the way to Bluffdale, Utah. I will admit I was worried that we'd forget some presents, gunner shooter our elf on the shelf, stockings, etc... Thankfully we didn't forget anything and my husband was the " pack master" and was able to fit everything in our truck (including our dog Ruby).
I laugh when I think about him getting everything put in our truck before we left LV and he asked me if I gave him everything that needed to go out. I of course said yes then about 10 min later remembered I forgot to give him a HUGE bag of presents. I ran out to give it to him and he had just finished putting the tarp on the bed of the truck completing his task... ha ha! The joys of traveling and a forgetful wife.
I also will never forget how our children didn't sleep the whole time in the truck.. that was a first.
It was definitely fun and motivating the first night getting everything put away at my moms and then going to dinner with our friends Elisa and Jason and there kids Connor and Megan. I am so glad Elisa and I have stayed in touch all these years. It was so fun to chat.
The next days were spent with my family having Christmas parties, eating way too much food and playing games. I will admit I love eating way too much especially when its all yummy and unhealthy food.
Christmas Eve Nate and I decided to put together Lila's kitchen set at midnight(which we had decided before hand NOT to do because of traveling circumstances). Nate ended up putting it together and I was pretty much watching/supporting him for 2 hours.
The next morning came way too quick and the day just flew by. I love this video of Boston Christmas morning excited to see his drum set. LOVE IT!



More pics of Christmas Day.
Christmas night my Grandmother made the best dinner but I unfortunately didn't take any pics.





The next day Nate and I attempted to buy ourselves some things the day after Christmas sales. We realized when we entered the stores that maybe we should change our minds then and there... too crowded and everything gone. I don't want to go shopping for a LONG time now.
We did make some great decisions after that. We went on a date and saw Mission impossible at 10pm. It was such a good movie and fun to go out on a date.
Nate went fishing a couple of times that trip and one of those times he was away we went to see The chipmunks movie with my kids and there cousins. Then after that my kids rode on a horse for the first time. We had such a fun time and glad we were able to visit for Christmas.

pics of our last day getting ready to leave.
My fun and beautiful niece
pic with Uncle Jordan

Boston on the little 4 wheeler for one last time.
Grandma and our kids.

Thanks family for a great time!!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Cute pictures! Glad you were able to visit your family for Christmas. Congrats on being prego. August should be a good time, I hope you are feeling well.

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

What a great Christmas! We loved getting to hang out with you guys too!