April 24, 2012

26 weeks..



She is estimating over 9 inches long and 2 lbs.

I'm feeling her kick all the time. It never gets old and it's one of my favorite things about being pregnant.

The past two days we have hit 100 and 98 degrees. I got my first glimpse of what summer will be like. Two words..WATER RETENTION! yikes.

Yesterday we went to the Fashion Show mall because we needed to go to the Apple store. After that we walked and walked that whole mall. That night I couldn't even move. I really don't EVER remember tiring this early on in pregnancy. But now I know that I need to listen to my body when it's telling me to Stop or rest.

My wardrobe is changing as in it's shrinking. It's a good thing because I know I am getting that much closer but bad because I wear the same old thing almost everyday.

I can barely pick up my almost 3 year old daughter. She is 34 lbs and if I pick her up more then 5 or so times my back hurts and I start to waddle. The other day I stepped on my mascara and one of my legs slid to the right a bit. I was waddling for an hour. Ha! Ha! My muscles seem to be a little more relaxed then in the past.

The weight gaining seems to be slowing down a bit. I think the first trimester I gained so much so quickly (it was frightening). I can't imagine getting any larger.

All I can think about is how closer I will be to August 2ND. I know in the past I was always a little nervous for it to end because #1. I was terrified of giving birth, and taking care of Boston then #2. was nervous about having (Lila) number two and taking care of two kids.
For some reason I am not nervous and I just want it to come.

1 comment:

Lisa Nielsen said...

I am glad you are doing good. I totally feel for you with the heat and the water retention. Summer pregnancies are hard in that way for sure! I can't wait to meet your little sweetie;) By the way, I want to go to this Floyd Lamb Park. It looks really fun. I am glad you guys are enjoying Ruby more:) Dogs are so good for kids.